As the baseball season quickly approaches, it’s time to take a look at the top-100 prospects for 2017. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to follow and tweet me @dynasty_digest. You can also find more of my articles at www.dynastydigest.sportsblogs.com.
Below you can find my analysis for the prospects ranked between 41-50 for the 2016 midseason top prospect list. If you want to see the full top 100 list, please visit the following link: SEE THE TOP 100 PROSPECT RANKINGS. I will be posting daily analysis of every player listed in the top 100, so please follow my blog and other social media for updates.
- Jason Groome (BOS, 17 Years Old, LHP): Well, this ranking won’t mean anything if the Red Sox don’t sign Groome after drafting him 12th overall in the 2016 MLB Draft. The Sox and Groome are still in negotiations, but nothing as been finalized yet. At only 17 years old, Groome is incredibly advanced on the mound. He throws a mid-90’s fastball from the left-side, which has great late movement. He also shows a great feel for his breaking ball and changeup. To go along with his great repertoire, Groome has showed great command for a kid his age. Many people expected Groome to go first overall in the draft, but he started to trend downwards due to maturity questions and sign-ability issues. If the Red Sox sign Groome, he has the upside of a frontline starter.
The 2016 MLB June Amateur Draft is quickly approaching and it’s time to make the final mock draft. The draft will be held on June 9th, 2016. If you have any questions or comments about this article, the draft, or baseball in general, please feel free to Tweet me @dynasty_digest. If you enjoyed this article, please follow my blog for more updates (dynastydigest.sportsblog.com).
- Philadelphia Phillies: A.J. Puk (LHP; University of Florida)
- Cincinnati Reds: Kyle Lewis (OF; Mercer)
- Atlanta Braves: Nick Senzel (3B; University of Tennessee)
- Colorado Rockies: Jason Groome (LHP; Barnegat High School)
- Milwaukee Brewers: Riley Pint (RHP; St. Thomas Aquinas High School)
To view the rest of the mock draft, click the link below: