Daily Archives: July 19, 2014
Is Fox Sports still not willing to talk about “dead guys” because of a 1990’s mentality? Time to break that.
Baseball takes place in the past, present and future all at the same time. That sentence makes sense to me.
It is a respect the future and past episode of The Sully Baseball Daily Podcast.
By Chuck Booth (Lead Baseball Analyst/Website Owner): Follow @chuckbooth3024
Follow MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
2014 Team Salaries Rank (In Millions)
1. LAD – $239.8 ( 2nd time abuser – Luxury Tax Penalty at 30% over $189 MIL = $15.24 MIL to be added at the end of the year.) (1st in NLW)
2. NYY – $200.0 ( 4 or more time abuser – Tax Penalty at 50% over $189 MIL for an additional $5.5 MIL to be added at end of the year.) (1st In ALE)
3. PHI – $177.4 (1st in NLE)
4. DET – $163.0 MIL (1st in ALC)
5. BOS – $157.9 (2nd in ALE)
Read the rest of this entry
Travis d’Arnaud got 3 hits including an RBI single in the first and the go ahead RBI single in the 9th that lead the Mets to a 5-4 victory in San Diego.
Jason Kipnis homered twice including a 3 run homer that gave Cleveland the lead in a 7 run 7th inning and a 9-3 win over Detroit.
Madison Bumgarner pitched 6 strong innings, allowing just 4 hits and 1 run while striking out 7 Marlins. He was lifted as the game got out of hand and the Giants took a 9-1 laugher.
Yu Darvish struck out 12 batters in 6 2/3 in 5 innings, allowing just 1 run and got the decision as the Rangers topped Toronto 5-1.
They owned baseball on July 18, 2014.
To view the Yearly Leaders for Who Owned Baseball Standings, plus see who gained 1/2 WOB’s – Click the READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY ICON OR SCROLL DOWN.