MLB Top Free Agent Predictions (Picks 26 – 50)
Posted by jgluck777
Jordan Gluck (Part Owner/Featured Writer): Follow @jgluck777
Follow The MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
MLB Free Agent Predictions
I will be using mlbtraderumors.com top 50 free agents to make things easy. To be clear there are other free agents outside this list (some who I think should be on it) who will be available and many could have breakout or comeback seasons.
Additionally there will be players that get non tendered during arbitration. Well so here are my predictions.
Players 26 – 50
26. Rasmus, Colby OF – Houston Astros: 15.8M Accepted Qualifying Offer Solves the Astros need in the outfield. Probably not what the Astros organization wanted.
27. Span, Denard CF- Chicago Cubs: 4YRs 48M. The Cubs biggest need is in Center Field where they watched Dexter Fowler leave. There is sentiment that the Cubs are cooling on Albert Almora which means they would need a center fielder.
28. Anderson, Brett – Los Angeles Dodgers: Accepted the Qualifying Offer:
Thought he might have ended up in Detroit for 3YRS 35M. The Tigers absolutely need starting pitching for next season and Brett Anderson could be a very effective starter when he’s healthy
29. Estrada, Marco – Toronto Blue Jays: 2YRs 26M. He made the right decision to try and seek an extension rather than take or decline the Qualifying offer as it could have left him in free agent purgatory. This deal gives him financial security that he needed and a middle spot in that rotation.
30. Happ, J.A .- Cleveland Indians: 2YRs 20M. A pitcher who I see has limited upside but should be able to eat innings. The Indians might trade a pitcher this offseason to upgrade in other areas.
31. Freese, David 3B – Cincinnati Reds: 1YR 9. Freese could look to reestablish his value and there are few parks more hitter friendly than Great American.
I see it as likely that Todd Frazier will be dealt as the Reds continue a mass overhaul of their team and Freese could give them trade ammo at the deadline or possibly be a qualifying offer candidate next offseason.
32. Parra, Gerardo – Baltimore Orioles: 3YRs 27M. A vastly underrated player who plays excellent defense and really picked it up with the bat recently. With the Orioles having a mass departure of free agents Parra could be played in multiple outfield positions.
33. O’Day, Darren RP – Detroit Tigers: 3YRs 21M. The Tigers bullpen has been a mess for quite some time now and that needs to change. There are plenty of suitors after O’Day and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him sign quickly.
34. Soria, Joakim RP – Los Angeles Dodgers: 2YRs/18 MIL. The Dodgers would like to address the back end of their bullpen and add depth to that area. Soria has closing experience as well should that need ever arise.
35. Jackson, Austin OF – Milwaukee Brewers: 1YR 8M. This could be a year for Jackson to try and reestablish his value and take a shot at next year in free agency.
Miller Park is quite hitter friendly and I think he will take a short term option over a long term deal. A decent replacement after they traded away Carlos Gomez last season
36. Clippard, Tyler RP – Texas Rangers: 3YRs 26M. A model for consistency at the setup role in the pen since his days in New York and in Washington. He should slide right in to a back end option for the Rangers.
37. Cabrera, Asdrubal SS/2B – Philadelphia Phillies: 1YR 7M. Cabrera didn’t have the season he was hoping for last year, but did feature a better second half. So he should try to reestablish his value
There will be other teams interested but in Philadelphia he will have the opportunity to play multiple positions and could be traded at the deadline which would eliminate him as a qualifying offer candidate next offseason.
38. Latos, Mat – Atlanta Braves: 1YR 9M. The price may seem high for Latos but if he pitches like he is capable of then this could be a steal and a valuable deadline piece.
39. Fister, Doug SP – Chicago White Sox: 1YR 8M. The White Sox could use help in the middle of that rotation and Fister could be looking for a big comeback season.
40. Pelfrey, Mike SP – Cincinnati Reds: 1YR 4M
41. Bastardo, Antonio RP – Atlana Braves: 1 YR – 3M
42. Madson, Ryan RP – Cleveland Indians: 1YR 4M
43. Pearce, Steve /OF – Pittsburgh Pirates: 1YR 3M
44. Kelley, Shawn RP – St Louis Cardinals: 1YR 3M
45. Jaso, John C/1B/DH – Los Angeles Angels: 2YRs 15M
46. Young, Chris SP- Baltimore Orioles: 1YR: 2M
47. Sipp, Tony RP – Washington Nationals: 2YRs 10M
48. Morneau, Justin 1B/OF – Seattle Mariners: 1YR 6M
49. Ramirez, Alexei SS – Minnesota Twins: 1YR 6M
50. Rollins, Jimmy SS – Seattle Mariners: 1YR 2M
*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com and their partners***
A Big thanks goes out to our ‘Part-Owner/featured writer’ Jordan Gluck for preparing today’s feature post.
To Subscribe and listen daily to ‘Our Lead Personality’ Sully’s 20 Minutes Daily (every day since Oct.24, 2012) Podcast click here. Guaranteed listening to the Sully Baseball Daily Podcast will be the best time you invest in online!
Please e-mail me at: email@example.com with any questions and feedback. To subscribe to our website and have the Daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.
About jgluck777Aspiring President of Baseball Operations for a MLB Franchise/ Venture Capitalist
Posted on November 13, 2015, in Free Agency and tagged 2015 MLB Qualifying Offers, 2016 MLB Free Agents, alexei ramirez, antonio bastardo, asdrubal cabrera, brett anderson, chris young, colby rasmus, darren o'day, david freese, doug fister, j.a. happ, jimmy rollins, joakim soria, john jaso, justin morneau, Marco Estrada, mat latos, matt wieters, ryan madson, steve pearce, Tony Sipp, tyler clippard. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.