Plate Coverage: Year-end Round Up
Plate Coverage is ringing in the New Year by… taking a few days off. But we’ll be back before you know it. In the meantime, check out some of our most popular stories and podcasts from the past year (well, five months – we’re still a new-born babe).
- Will HOF Voters Have the Audacity to Vote Selig in While Keeping McGwire Out? YUP.
- A Firm Believer in Advertising: The Definitive History of the MVP. The auto magnate has one hell of an idea for an ad campaign.
- The Unluckiest Piching Staff Ever Assembled. Big Ed gets angry when you don’t score runs for him. You wouldn’t like Big Ed when he’s angry. Score some runs.
- Are MVP Voters Racist? It’s been 20 years since an African-American player was named MVP in the Amercian League. Is something sinister and sad at play?
- Was the Hall of Fame Sending a Message With Babe Ruth’s Plaque? The greatest of them all warrants… 28 words?
- The Full Story of the 1999 AL MVP Vote Was Even Worse Than You Thought. The BBWAA ignores its own rules, and it cost Pedro Martinez his rightful MVP award.
- The Library of Congress is a Digital Wonderland for Baseball Fans. It really is. Check it out.