Like us on Facebook hereFollow @mlbreports
By Brian Madsen (White Sox Correspondent): Follow @brianm731
“You can put it on the boaaaaaard!! Yeeeeeeeeeesssss!!” Almost all baseball fans are familiar with that catch phrase. Some love it, some hate it.
It belongs to Ken “Hawk” Harrelson, play by play TV announcer for the Chicago White Sox since 1982. Though he took a year off in 1986 to become the White Sox GM. That position didn’t suit Hawk very well (he fired Tony La Russa and traded Bobby Bonilla during his GM stint), and he jumped right back into the broadcast booth. He then called games for the Yankees in 1987 and 1988, and NBC until 1989.
In 1990, he once again became the Sox color man and has held that position until today. He’s been a polarizing figure ever since. I would say 70% of Sox fans love him, with the other 30% having grown tired of him over the years, and just want something new (and some hating him of course).