Odds To Win The MLB 2015 World Series + Best Bets
Hunter Stokes (Chief Writer): Follow @stokes_hunter21
Follow The MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
Last year’s opening 3 wagers for the World Series netted us an eventual winner. I plunked almost $14 down on a 25/1 bet for the Giants (and failed with Rangers and Rays bets). Throughout the year, I was able to secure odds of 50/1 and 80/1 for the Royals during down times, and then hedged those bets in the playoffs. It was a thousand dollar profit year for the selections.
In the next few weeks I will finalize the Over/Under Best bets that I put down yesterday. Again, last season I was 3 out of 3 for top Over/Under picks, and will likely pick the same 3 teams (KC and WSH over their opening regular season wins of 81.5 and 93.5, while I picked SD under 84.5) out of the 10 total wagers I go for this campaign).
But this article is about the Fall Classic Winner in 2015.
The bets I hammered down today (courtesy of http://www.bet365.com)
1. Washington Nationals $100 on +550 Pays a profit of $550 if the Nats come through with the title. One of these years, the foregone favorite will actually win the World Series – unlike last year’s bizarro playoffs, where the underdog won all rounds of the postseason. The addition of Max Scherzer is the ultimate lock down for this to happen.
I love the DC squad playing in the NL East. I am not sold on the Mets and Marlins, both have aces coming back from Tommy John Surgeries, and the Braves have a popgun offense. The Nats will also speedbag the Phillies all year.
2. Detroit Tigers $50 on a +1200 wager: Any team with David Price anchoring the starter staff has a great chance for a regular season. Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez will find a way to nurse through the regular season, and I am waiting for Yoenis Cespedes to impose his will on the MLB during a contract season.
This is the highest value they ever have had during the preseason in years.
3. Seattle Mariners – $35 bet on a +1500 risk that pays a $525 profit. I am predicting a Nationals and Mariners World Series, so naturally I love the M’s at +1500.
T4. Baltimore and Toronto – Both $30 picks for 20/1 odds. Both AL East clubs will net a +570 profit. I have cornered 4 AL teams to flood the market, meaning I will be cheering for the Nationals to win the National League Pennant, but will likely have a few clubs here that will be in the Playoffs, otherwise it will be a disaster anyway.
Worst Odds Value (Stay Clear)
1. LA Angels +1000. I think a serious regression is in order. I think they will contend for a Wild Card Spot, but with Seattle in the AL West, I believe they should be the favorite.
2. SD Padres +2000. They have no business being up with the Orioles and the Jays for the odds. They will take too long to gel as a unit.
3. Chicago cubs +2000. See #2 on the Worst odds. I think they have a better chance to have a winning record than the Padres though.
4. KC Royals +1800. For a team that most website have an OVER/UNDER with of 81.5 (same as the Yankees and Oakland), they are the ones with the least amount of value here. Not saying they won’t contend for the playoffs, because I believe all day, they are an 84 – 86 win team this year, just hate the value they currently have. If they struggle early, that is when I will bet them again like last year (when the odd rises).
5. Boston Red Sox +1400. This gambling website did a great job of odds here, this is just the 5th worst value that is all. It actually makes sense because they have listed all 6 Divisions in the top 6 favorites, of which I believe the Red Sox also have the toughest path to win. I wouldn’t place any money on these guys, with that odd still though.
Odds To Win The 2015 World Series.
1. Washington Nationals +550
2. LA Dodgers +700
3. Los Angeles Angels +1000
tT4. Detroit Tigers +1200
T4. St. Louis Cardinals +1200
6. Boston Red Sox +1400
7. Seattle Mariner +1500
T8. San Francisco Giants +1800
T8. KC Royals +1800
T10. SD Padres +2000
T10. Chicago Cubs +2000
T10. Baltimore Orioles +2000
T10. Toronto Blue Jays +2000
T14. Pittsburgh Pirates +2200
T14. Oakland A’s +2200
T14. Cleveland Indians +2200
17. Chicago White Sox +2500
18. NY Yankees +2800
19. Atlanta Braves +3000
T20. Miami Marlins +3300
T20. NY Mets +3300
22. Cincinnati Reds +3500
23. Milwaukee Brewers +4000
24. Texas Rangers +4500
25 TB Rays +5000
26. Houston Astros +8000
T27. Minnesota Twins +12500
T27. Arizona D’Backs +12500
T29. Philadelphia Philies +15000
T29. Colorado Rockies +15000
Please note that it is illegal in most U.S. States to gamble
Odds are courtesy of www.bet365.com
*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com and their partners***
A Big thanks goes out to our chief writer Hunter Stokes for preparing today’s feature post.
For all of the Rosters, Depth Charts, State of the Unions and Salaries Posts that we do, please visit our dedicated page link here.
Please e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and feedback. To subscribe to our website and have the Daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.
Posted on February 26, 2015, in gambling 101 and tagged 2014 world series, adam wainwright, adrian beltre, al central, AL East, AL West, alex ríos, All 30 MLB Teams, American league, arizona diamondbacks, Atlanta Braves, baltimore orioles, bryce harper, chicago cubs, chicago white sox, chris sale, cincinnati reds, cleveland indians, colorado rockies, david price, denard span, detroit tigers, doug fister, houston astros, ian desmond, jeff samardzija, jordan zimmermann, kansas city royals, kris bryant, la angels, la dodgers, matt holliday, max scherzer, miami marlins, miguel cabrera, milwaukee brewers, minnesota twins, national league, new york mets, new york yankees, NL Central, NL east, nl west, nori aoki, oakland athletics, odds to win the 2015 mlb world series, odds to win the 2015 world series, philadelphia phillies, pittsburgh pirates, san diego padres, san francisco giants, seattle mariners, shin-soo choo, st louis cardinals, tampa bay rays, texas rangers, toronto blue jays, washington nationals, yadier molina, yoenis cespdedes. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.