New York Yankees Projected Payroll In 2014 With A-Rod Relief
By Chuck Booth (Lead Baseball Analyst/Website Owner): Follow @chuckbooth3024
Follow MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
2014 Contracts in MIL Annual Average Vakue – AKA AAV (Age)
1. 1B Mark Teixeira – 23.0 (32)
2. SP CC Sabathia – 22.8 (32)
3. CF Jacoby Ellsbury – 21.9 (30)
4. C Brian McCann – 17.0 (29)
5. SP Hiroki Kuroda – 16.5 (37)
6. LF/DH Carlos Beltran – 15.0 (36)
7. SS Derek Jeter – 12.0 (40)
8. OF Ichiro Suzuki – 6.5 (40)
9. ** OF Brett Gardner – Estimated $5 MIL for ARB 2014 (29)
10. ** RP David Robertson – Estimated $5 MIL for ARB 2014 (27)
11. OF/DH Alfonso Soriano – $5 MIL (37)
12. RP Matt Thornton – $3.5 (37)
13. INF/OF Kelly Johnson – $2.8 MIL (32)
14. 2B/UT Brian Roberts – $2.0 MIL + Incentives (36)
15. OF/DH Vernon Wells – $2.4 MIL (35) (DFA’d But still goes towards AAV),
16. INF Brendan Ryan – $2.0 MIL (30)
17. SP Ivan Nova – $2 MIL projected dollars in Arbitration (25)
18. RP Shawn Kelley – $1.5 MIL projected dollars in Arbitration. (29)
19. C – Francisco Cervelli – 800 K in projected dollars in Arbitration. (26)
Total after these 19 players is $178.5 MIL towards AAV
Entry Level Contracts – 2014 Yankees. $3.5 MIL
20. SP – David Phelps
21. SP – Michael Pineda
22. INF – Eduardo Nunez
23. RP – Cesar Cabral
24. RP – Adam Warren
25. RP – Preston Claiborne
26. SP – Manny Banuelos
Total payroll is roughly $182.0 MIL. This is before incentives for Roberts, or signing bonuses for any of their draft picks.
Also A-Rod will still collect 21 days worth of pay, as those are the days off the team doesn’t play but the players are paid, so his salary may be in the $3 MIL range for 2014 despite the suspension.
*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com ***
***Chuck Booth – Lead Baseball Analyst/Website Owner and author of the Fastest 30 Ballgames:
To learn more about my “The Fastest 30 Ballgames Book” and how to purchase it, click here .
You can also follow my Guinness Book of World Record Successful Bid to see all 30 MLB Park in 23 Days – click here.
I am happy to be part of such an awesome Magazine-Style Baseball Website and am looking forward to talking to all of the fans of the MLB.
You can reach me on Twitter here Follow @mlbreports
To subscribe to our website and have the Daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.Follow @mlbreports
Like us on Facebook here
Posted on January 11, 2014, in MLB Payroll and Contracts and tagged adam warren, Atlanta Braves, austin romine, boone logan, Brendan Ryan, brett gardner, brian cashman, Brian McCann, brian roberts, carlos beltran, cc sabathia, Cesar Cabral, chris stewart, Chuck Booth. fastest 30 ballgames, cody eppley, curtis granderson, David Huff, david phelps, david robertson, dellin betances, derek jeter, detroit tigers, eduardo nunez, francisco cervelli, hiroki kuroda, ichiro suzuki, ivan nova, jacoby ellsbury, jayson nix, joba chamberlain, joe girardi, john buck, kelly johnson, kevin youkilis, lyle overbay, manuel banuelos, mariano rivera, mark reynolds, mark texeira, mark texieira, matt garza, Matt Thornton, michael pineda, new york yankees 2014 payroll, New York Yankees Payroll 2014, omar infante, phil hughes, Preston Claiborne, ricky nolasco, travis hafner, twitter @chuckbooth3024, vernon wells, Vidal Nuno, yankees 25 Man Roster, yankees 40 man roster. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on New York Yankees Projected Payroll In 2014 With A-Rod Relief.